Saturday, July 6, 2013

Gratitude

"A grateful heart … comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives."
The Divine Gift of Gratitude by President Thomas S. Monson October 2010 General Conference


"To find gratitude and generosity when you could reasonably find hurt and resentment will surprise you. It will be so surprising because you will see so much of the opposite: people who have much more than others yet who react with anger when one advantage is lost or with resentment when an added gift is denied."
Remembrance and Gratitude by President Henry B. Eyring October 1989 General Conference


"My deepest gratitude is for the atoning sacrifice of our Lord and Savior,Jesus Christ. The Atonement is the foundation upon which all gospel truths reside."
Gratitude for the Goodness of God by Elder Robert D. Hales April 1992 General Conference



"The wellsprings of gratitude and love overflow within me.
Gratitude for exceptional, beloved parents who have given their five sons the priceless heritage of a righteous example; and to those four brothers, for their strength and testimony.
Gratitude to a beloved, cherished companion and wife and to our lovely children. Jeanene has ever been a model of pure testimony, love, and devotion; she is a tower of strength to me.
Gratitude to the precious youth that I know, especially those met in missionary service.
Among these I find some of my most cherished personal friends.
And gratitude to these brethren and to our beloved prophet, who I know is the mouthpiece of God to all His children on earth. I deeply love President Kimball."                                                                    Gratitude by Richard G. Scott April 1977 General Conference


"Let me recommend that periodically you and I offer a prayer in which we only give thanks and express gratitude. Ask for nothing; simply let our souls rejoice and strive to communicate appreciation with all the energy of our hearts."                                                                                                                        Pray Always by Elder David A. Bednar October 2008 General Conference
"How much better it would be if all could be more aware of God’s providence and love and express that gratitude to Him."
Thanks Be to God given by Elder Russell M. Nelson April 2012 General Conference


"With … tender feelings of gratitude for all who have influenced my life in past years, I commit myself to the future."
The Opportunity to Testify by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf October 2004 General Conference


"My thanks to all you wonderful members of the Church … for proving every day of your life that the pure love of Christ “never faileth.”
Because of Your Faith Elder Jeffrey R. Holland October 2010 General Conference


"I’m so thankful for the valiant and precious children that have been entrusted to us. I love them dearly and appreciate so much their willingness to support me in this new calling. I have been blessed with goodly parents."
Whom the Lord Calls, the Lord Qualifies Elder Neil L. Andersen April 1993 General Conference



"How thankful I am, how thankful we all must be, for the women in our lives. God bless them. May His great love distill upon them and crown them with luster and beauty, grace and faith. And may His Spirit distill upon us as men and lead us ever to hold them in respect, in gratitude, giving encouragement, strength, nurture, and love, which is the very essence of the gospel of our Redeemer and Lord."
The Women in our Lives by President Gordon B. Hinckley October 2004 General Conference


Gratitude
I found these quotes changed my thought process. As I heard the words from our Prophet and Apostles I tried to find gratefulness in the difficulties that I face in my life. I especially liked President Eyring’s words about finding gratitude when we could find hurt and resentment. The quotes from gratitude helped remind me to have a constant prayer of thanks in my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment